Friday, February 26, 2010

Feeling Dizzy!

There is something about THE WILD PARTY that simply leaves me dizzy in the most wonderful way. The music has always thrilled me; the story excites me--first because I am a huge fan of Joseph Moncure March's poem--but also because my grandparents were Vaudevillians; and now because I am continually surrounded by such a fabulous group of artists who are about the business of bringing it all to life!

Sure, this is hard work--and scary, too, since I am primarily a "straight" theatre actress--but God, it is so worth it. And, the work is made joyful because everyone involved seems to have a great sense of humor and a willingness to go to the scary places together. One of my own company's tag-lines is: "SATE: A Safe Place to be Dangerous", and I'd have to say that New Line Theatre would certainly be SATE's musical theatre counterpart. Soul sister...or brother, as the case may be. Kindred spirit.

THRILLED to have a costume designer I know will take care of me and who will be true to Queenie's sense of style and authenticity! What a relief that is. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from Scott Miller and New Line Theatre...every detail is given 100% attention, and that is such a delight.

More than anything, I can't wait to get "off-book" so that we can begin getting this baby up and running. So grateful I am surrounded by so many brave and talented artists...we're going all the way with this one, and I can't wait!

Dance rehearsal on Sunday. That which does not kill me is bound to make me look sexier...right?

No Limits. No Boundaries. No Compromise.
xoxo,
Queenie (GoGo/Margeau)

2 comments:

  1. One of these times when I'm home for the holidays- I'm going to have to come up your way. I haven't been to that part of the US in a long time and it's about time I did! *hugs* I"m excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so wonderful! I would love to hug you in person...

    xoxo,
    GoGo

    ReplyDelete